This page is a wiki. Please login or create an account to begin editing.

6 posts / 0 new
Last post
Ewechan's picture
Traditional 2D animation software for PPC OS X 10-10.5?

Hello. I'm looking for some bitmap based (not vector) traditional animation software in the vein of TV Paint or similar but I can't find anything like that here.

Something that works on Tiger and Leopard would be ideal.

Comments

Antonin29's picture

I second that. I think that it would be useful for some of us that still uses PPC for productivity & artistic work.

systemseven's picture

my interests run more towards system 7 - OS9 era animation software, so im not super sure what can run on 10-10.5 but you might look at OpenToonz. it is a free and open source professional 2D animation package that derives from the Studio Ghibli version of Toonz Harlequin. There might not be a PPC version of OpenToonz, but maybe we can find Toonz Harlequin?

ill keep my eyes open for tvpaint too. it was originally an amiga program, and was first ported to mac in the early 2000s under the name mirage. mirage 1.5, tvpaint pro 8 and 9 would be nice to get in the archives!

Ewechan's picture

I would love some os9 2d animation software too.

Ewechan's picture

Oh yeah I have uploaded TVPaint 8.1 but sadly it only works on intel even though it says it's an universal binary http://macintoshgarden.org/apps/tvpaint-animation-81
If anyone knows of an earlier version that does work on something like a G5 running Leopard that would be awesome.

Antonin29's picture

Thanks for the info I'll try to find somekind of version of OpenToonz if available.