This page is a wiki. Please login or create an account to begin editing.

7 posts / 0 new
Last post
eisnerguy1's picture
MightyMike 3.0.0 released!

Much like Bugdom & Nanosaur, MightyMike has a new version! There's tons of settings. You can even tweak things to be as old school as you'd like:

Comments

adespoton's picture

On Github, no less! Thank you all you Pangaea developers for releasing these classics!

Now if only AmbrosiaSW rightsholders would do the same for some of THEIR classics....

Temporary Joe's picture

Harry the Handsome Executive and Ferazel's Wand have been acquired by 5 Elements Interactive but they've done nothing with it.

The dinosaur in the third level is pink, but the High Score banner has the dinosaur as yellow. I don't remember Power Pete/Mighty Mike, but I believe the pink dinosaur may have been recolored later as part of a complaint from a different company regarding their own more famous pink dinosaur.

Also, how does one extract the maps? There are files for each level (.map-1, .map-2, .map-3, etc.) but they don't have a way to match to any application.

eisnerguy1's picture

There's a web tool to extract/view the maps (and all of the other graphics too): Mighty Resource Viewer. There's also a new version of the cheat tool: Power Pete Cheater 1.4.1.

Temporary Joe's picture

Mighty Resource Viewer requires Yard and that gave me a hard enough time trying to install things like Node to no avail and fiddle around with terminal commands. Has someone ripped the maps yet?

Elyus's picture

Thanks for sharing this, eisnerguy1! I do love Power Pete / Mighty Mike, such a clever game.

Temporary Joe, I added an archive of the maps as png images to the Mighty Mike page, 3rd download. Those were generated using cyco's resource parser linked above.

Clown-3 isn't included because I couldn't get it to render on my setup. Yarn installed about 1000 libraries totaling nearly half a gig of space, so who knows if there's an issue with one of the dependencies on my particular system... The immensity of external libraries needed for small applications is one of my main issues with Node.

Temporary Joe's picture

Thanks! I was able to make my own maps with them showing keys and bunnies, those will soon be linked on this thread.

I had to make Clown-3 manually, patching it together with dozens of screenshots, and it still looks weird.