This page is a wiki. Please login or create an account to begin editing.

8 posts / 0 new
Last post
snes1423's picture
Does anyone have the Disk image of the usb for Macbook Air 11'' late 2010

I'm looking for this tried internet archive among other places but cant find it need it to restore my macbook air after my restore usb snapped in half in my backpack to create another usb

Comments

24bit's picture

That would have been a 10.6.4 flavour most likely?
Grey Snow Leo DVDs may be hard to find, sadly.
Installing Mountain Lion, for example, is not an option for you?

You sure did this for the MBP: https://www.ebay.com/itm/NEW-Apple-MacBook-Snow-Leopard-OS-X-Install-DVD...
Many grey DVDs could be hacked to install on other hardware, but there is no guarantee.

snes1423's picture

The thing is that I have a ton of PPC software and that Snow Leopard is the only os that doesn't slow down my Mac (Believe me I've tried other versions of macOS) and I'm not sure how I would put 2 disks on 1 usb and none of my stores in my area sell burnable cds because there too ''old" and I would prefer to have it on a usb

snes1423's picture

this is what I'm talking about (for reference)
https://www.notcot.com/images/2010/11/miniapple2.jpg

Kabuki's picture

My Girlfriend owns this exact Macbook Air. Im confident that I will find the little USB Stick that came with the Air. I will look into tomorrow and let you know but Im sure its there.
How should I make an Image of this Snow Leopard stick ? My idea would be just OSX disk utility.

snes1423's picture

yeah just use disk utility the reason why i use such a outdated OS isn't just because of the speed but its the only OS that i really use for PPC apps and games because its the newest i don't have a credit card so i don't really look on eBay or amazon that much i mostly pick up stuff at e waste places (such as this Macbook Air)

adespoton's picture

What I've done for my SL installs is add an 8GB partition to the drive and restore the generic install DVD to it, and then fill up the extra space with the other installers etc. that I would need to set up a system from scratch.

This way I can use the second partition to repair the first, plus wipe and re-install in case of catastrophic failure.

The only thing this doesn't protect against is drive failure -- for that I restore my image to a USB stick temporarily, then restore the stick to the 8GB partition and go from there.

snes1423's picture

You ever get it