This page is a wiki. Please login or create an account to begin editing.
gordk.iso_.sit (264.96 MB)
System 7.0 - 7.6
The titular rampant AI has built a playground for himself out of an animation studio's CG assets. You play a cyberagent sent into the heart of strangeness to put him down.
But before you do, there are a few things you deserve to know:
- There's only one saved game allotted per player, and no way to load it other than pressing the Quit button, confirming that you want to quit, confirming that you don't want to save, relaunching the game, watching the animated logo, switching on a virtual computer, and logging back in. Command-Q quits instantaneously, but saves your game without asking. To keep multiple saves, you'll have to make backup copies of the Gordak.sav file.
- Buried in the Read Me is a tip about holding down the spacebar when clicking if you can't find a hotspot. In practice, many hotspots are so tiny that they're impossible to find without space-clicking. Space-click everywhere to find vital concealed objects.
- ...with one exception. After passing through the door with words around it, do not space-click the wall in front of you. The game will crash, and likely wipe out your save along with it.
- Last and worst: the final challenge is a real-time battle against Gord@k, and if you lose, your one saved game is deleted. To make this as unfair as possible, not only is there no warning of the stakes, but Gord@k starts playing as soon as the instructions come up, and can easily win by the time you've finished reading! You're then expected to trudge through the entire game as many times as it takes to beat this one minigame. (And you thought Sierra was cruel...) This twist alone was enough to earn 1-star ratings and "worst adventure ever" labels from critics. In conclusion, back up your Gordak.sav before taking the elevator to the showdown.
Architecture: 68k PPC
- Mac OS 7.5
- Minimum Quadra, PowerPC preferred
- 16 MB RAM
- 256 colors (thousands preferred)
- 2x CD-ROM drive
NB: Hybrid disk; PC version included