This page is a wiki. Please login or create an account to begin editing.

18 posts / 0 new
Last post
supernova777's picture
WWDC/ADC 2004 DVD

does anyone know if theres any copies of the ADC developer files that i can download from anywhere?
i havent been able to find anything on google other than people who are selling the dvd on ebay.

Comments

Jatoba's picture

A copy of such a DVD would certainly be yummy...

supernova777's picture

ive recently created a new Apple Developer Mirror at this location:
most of the html content is from around (September 2006)
>> http://adcmirror.oldschooldaw.com
im trying to fix all the links and get it fully operational.
alot of the downloads are missing; i presume alot of the content are on the ADC DVD's
im looking for anyone who can set me up with copies of any ADC DVDs from 2004/2005/2006 time period
http://adcmirror.oldschooldaw.com/ftp.apple.com/developer/
if anyone can help me get all the SDK's from that time period id appreciate it
http://adcmirror.oldschooldaw.com/ftp.apple.com/developer/Development_Kits/

fogWraith's picture

ADC 2004 - 14GB+
ADC 2005 - 14GB+
ADC 2006 - 34GB+
=~ 62GB+

In the process of repackaging them from a previous mistake, so they might be available sometime during the weekend. Along with 1989 <> 2009, including Seed discs.

Jatoba's picture

All discs between 1989 and 2009?! Gigabytes upon gigabytes?! Multiple languages or not, I'm super excited about this! Anything, absolutely anything to document Mac history, and development resources for 9.2.2, 10.4.11 and 10.5.8, I'm super interested!

supernova777's picture

like i just said - if u were to intelligently take out the important parts and not just copy the disks it would not take nearly as much data; the cds/dvds were montly redistributions of alot of the same things; theres absoluetly no point in archiving each and every cd in its entirety in my opinion; which is why im creating this online resource to put the files up agian to be browsed + singularly downloaded rather then have to download gigabytes of useless data

for example alot of the content that was on the ADC site in 2005 had been there since 2002; for alot of files; documents, sdks etc alot of it did not change over that time period; but yet the adc cds redistributed complete cds; making small changes to the contents; basically re-iterating most of the same stuff;

if u were to look at the "actual updates" between the discs the change might be only a few mb; so why would u want to archive personally each and every cd? hopefully im explaining clearly enough

Jatoba's picture

There is absolutely every point in archiving every single one of those discs in their integrity: history, in its purest and truest form.

Hence, fogWraith's approach is correct, not just because this way history is properly recorded and preserved, but also because you can extract from it everything you want and remove the redundancy yourself, as you have been doing, as its own separate thing. Everyone wins. To do otherwise is what is, by literal definition, a waste (the literal discarding of things).

And I say that as someone who has near-zero interest in anything between 10.0.0 and 10.4.10 (to me, on a personal level, those are a "waste", but I won't impose my arbitrary personal view on others), but I still acknowledge the importance of correct data archival, even when I don't care for it. Some other people may care for it. Perhaps someone wants tools from a very specific time period, or with a very specific timestamp, for whatever reason. I won't decide for others what they want, or why they want it.

I think you are pursuing a wonderful thing in its own right, though, so please don't get me wrong. I'm genuinely looking forward to seeing that restoration of Apple's website at 100%.

supernova777's picture

34gb? there has to be alot of redundancy there; im sure theres alot of stuff repeated ovver and over; (possibly in international languages etc) is that mutiple packaged dvd's put together? dvd's dont hold 34gb; they only hold 4.7gb??? did u package 8 DVDs into one archive? i only need one of those (in english) i would think? to find the main SDK's

nice work tho fogwraith but a bit over kill Laughing out loud lol

i plan on updating the html in this mirror beyond the original; ie: to compound older versions of the documents with the info that was (in classic apple style) REMOVED ie: joining backups of /sdk page from 1999, 2000, 2001, 2002, 2003, 2004 etc into the same scrollable document with all working links etc

check it out its LIVE now; but still working out a few bugs + missing content (hopefully some will help me get this up as theres no other mirror this functionally operational that i know of)

fogWraith's picture

Haven't checked the contents, but they probably contain some new, some repeated contents.

CD's and DVD's were released on a monthly basis, so the calculated (total) size is from Jan. to Dec. for respective year, CD's and DVD's range from the hundreds of MB's to GB's per archive. Some were even DL DVD's.

The discs will of course be single downloads.

supernova777's picture

as far as i understand; the ADC cds used to rotate between 4 different formats::
-System Software edition
-Reference library edition
-Mac OS SDK Edition
-Tool Chest Edition
which would mean 3 of each would come out each year? (a new one each 4 months?)

that was; before they started issuing "DVDs" not sure what happened after that; hope to find out soon tho

supernova777's picture

if anyone can help me get on with this - im focused on this right now - im an artist with a music studio - i have been known to have a habit of changing focus as inspriation hits; i dont want to end up losing my focus on this project before im able to get it where i want it to get to;; i really need access to any + all ADC content from 8.6 through to at least 10.4.8; and maybe even all the way up to 10.6.8

im going to update the main page of the mirror now (http://adcmirror.oldschooldaw.com) with some notes on the project and its goals / scope etc maybe post some contact information for people who want to help contribute to get these files publically posted in the original context for hobbyist programmers who are wanting to use / learn about the SDK's from that time period; and mess around with developing for Panther/Tiger or developing for 8.6/9.2

i kind of hacked a few different mirrors together
but there was a timing mismatch between alot of the resources from ftp.apple.com which were from may 2003; and the actual html content of the adc site which was taken from sept2006, so im hoping to fill in the gap of materials that was put out between those two dates; May 2003 -> Sep 2006; (or between 10.2.6 - > 10.4.8) if anyone has any ADC content dvd or seed cd from that time period please get in touch with me you can email me at chrisnova777 at gmail.com

thank you for reading!

supernova777's picture

i logged into the public FTP for the garden and lo' and behold theres already a ton of the Apple developer cds/dvds already there just not linked on the www portion of the site so thank you to whomever has uploaded them there;

fogWraith's picture

It's because I put them there, they are being processed and some of them are being re-packaged before placed on the website, as not to receive errors when attempting to unpackage them.

SNakApple's picture

I've found somewhere 1993, 1994, 1996, 1997, 2001 & 2002 WWDC CD/DVDs. Is there an interest to create pages for them ?

Jatoba's picture

I think it'd be pretty cool. It definitely can't hurt, at least. Smile Plus preserving history is always a bonus. As long as you have the time and willingness, of course.

SNakApple's picture

Well, I can with most of them, but the real problem is with the 2001 & 2002 sessions Discs, about 24 & 42 GB of datas. So, I wonder if fogWraith has them in stock. Smile I'm not sure my bandwidth will support that.

mrpippy's picture

I uploaded 2000 and 2003 here, I also have 2001, 2002, 2004, 1997, and disk images from some other years. Do you have actual discs, or did you find disc images at another site?

SNakApple's picture

Founded them from another site. Thanks if you can upload them on the Garden... Smile