This page is a wiki. Please login or create an account to begin editing.

6 posts / 0 new
Last post
Super Mash TV's picture
Trying to set up triple monitors in Mac OS 9.2.2 on G4 with some difficulties

Ive installed 3 graphics cards in the G4. Two Ati radeon 7000 pci cards and one radeon 7500 agp. I have one monitir hooked to each card. It seems to work ok, but when i go to montors control panel the computer freezes and i have to force reboot.

I have done a fresh install of the system and installed radeon drivers and the problem persists.

Any ideas?

Comments

MacTouch's picture

May be you can try to install an update of the latest ATI drivers. You can find them here:

ATI drivers Mac OS Classic

However, I would recommend to plug two monitors on only one card & the third on another together. Let us know if it resolves your issue.

Super Mash TV's picture

Hey cool. This totally fixed it. Thanks!

MacTouch's picture

YW. Happy to know it works. Wink

Super Mash TV's picture

Specifically it was removing a graphics card and going with 2. I had tried this before with the 2 Radeon 7000's, but it wanted to mirror 2 of the displays. But now I have a Radeon 7500 AGP and a Radeon7000 Pci. 2 monitors plugged into the 7500 and one into the 7000.

I already had the proper drivers installed before

MacTouch's picture

I've not tested myself 3 monitors on a Mac. But I know from my experience that mirroring works only with one card under Win on a PeeCee. So, I don't know exactly what's the effects with a Mac, but I've read somewhere on the past that it can manage 6 monitors max.