This page is a wiki. Please login or create an account to begin editing.

9 posts / 0 new
Last post
TenPoundHammer's picture
Trying to remember a couple 1990s games

Okay, kind of a vague memory, but maybe someone can make something of it. These would've both been sometime in the mid-90s:

The first game was a shooter with a top-down view. The weapons were kind of weird (one was a rubber band shooter, I think) and it had a cartoony look. One of the enemies was a caveman who said "Unga Bunga!" I want to say it was an Interplay or MacPlay title, since I remember a demo of it being on a Mario's Game Gallery disc (probably because it was one of the few demos that would even run on my then-already-ancient Mac LC520). However, I don't see any matches on Allgame under either developer.

The other was a CD-ROM game where you had to go through a factory of some sort and collect pieces to make a race car/buggy kind of thing (although I think you could make other vehicles too). You'd find pieces like a transmission, chassis, wheels, even paint and decorations, and you had to race it against a stereotypical mad scientist who sounded kind of like Dr. Doofenshmirtz.

Comments

nomed89's picture

Power Pete was the Unga Bunga game.

TenPoundHammer's picture

The name of the other one just came to me. It was Super Solvers Gizmos & Gadgets!

themacmeister's picture

THIS is why I love this website!

TenPoundHammer's picture

Here's another one I'm trying to remember. I think it was a game where you controlled a butterfly and had to gather gems or something. It was possible to run into fly paper and get stuck, and the fly paper looked like little brown coils. It shared a "bonk" sound effect with Ingemar's Skiing Game. Familiar to anyone?

j_damage•69's picture

Heres your game, Heart Quest. :3

http://macintoshgarden.org/games/heartquest

TenPoundHammer's picture

You guys are GOOD.

Temporary Joe's picture

Yup! It's interesting to see people from other sites: someone from The Comics Curmudgeon recently showed up (one of the blogs I read regularly), now someone from Labelscar. Neat!

wolverine83's picture

Nevermind I didn't notice all the other replies.