This page is a wiki. Please login or create an account to begin editing.

8 posts / 0 new
Last post
Shareware from 1996

Im looking for a game that i played around 96-97 here are the details i can remember

I downloaded it from the AOL mac games channel, using aol 3.0 which was the current version
It was a space strategy game, with 2 sides, I believe they were the empire and rebels or something like that.
The sides took turns moving their ships on a hexagonal grid battlefield
The author included a font that creates bar codes for the registration letter.
The game didn't have all of its features until it was registered.
Ran on a mac LCIII

If anyone know the name of the game it would be awesome.

Comments

maybe the grid wasn't hexagonal, not sure anymore.

bertyboy's picture

a space strategy game, with 2 sides,

So was it multiplayer or strictly player vs computer. Was is hotseat, or network multiplayer ?

LCIII was from about 1992, standard platform was PowerPC by 1995, could it have been earlier than 1997 ? If you had any idea about the name, even part of it I'd probably have it in the stack of magazine cover CDs.

Spaceward Ho?

It was primarily single player, might have had 1v1 multiplayer.

68k macs were still supported around 96-97, but the game was definitely fat binary.

I own spaceward ho! v5

Another feature not available to unregistered copies was either some sort of superweapon like a nuke or something.

i remember now that apple had just released 7.6 and was advertising it on their aol page. to give an accurate timeframe.

also i remember the ships didn't vary from each other, all the rebel ships were the same, and all the empire ships were the same, at least in the demo.

Escape Velocity?

its a strategy game so its not escape velocity.