This page is a wiki. Please login or create an account to begin editing.

19 posts / 0 new
Last post
MikeTomTom's picture
[Request] Epson Perfection 1260 CD-ROM

I've recently acquired an old USB scanner, an Epson Perfection 1260. It arrived without the drivers & software CD for Mac/Win.

I was able to DL drivers for it via Epson's site and the scanner works well. But I'd still like the original CD that would have shipped with this scanner, especially the CD content for Mac OS 8.1 or later.

So, if someone reading this has the CD for this scanner model, please upload a copy of it to the MG. Thanks.

Comments

MikeTomTom's picture

[Bumping the above] Still hoping this will surface.

cyberish's picture

Heya!

i don't know if this will work?
http://macintoshgarden.org/apps/gt-7000-scanner-software-cd-rom

cheers
raphael

MikeTomTom's picture

Hi and thanks for looking, but no, I'm hoping to find the CD that would've shipped with this particular scanner model...

themacmeister's picture

I have access to two of these scanners, a 2480 and I have a 1260 at work (recently replaced by AIO printer/scanner). I will have a dig about and see if I can find the driver CDs.

MikeTomTom's picture

Thanks tmm, I hope you can stumble across it, too.

lilliputian's picture

I have the EPSON Perfection 1250/1650 CD. Worth a try?

MikeTomTom's picture

@ndtronerud: Yes Please. That one is possibly close enough in version #'s to have the particular software I'm hoping to find.

And if its not... It'll at least be archived here. - I'd like to try it out all the same. Thanks.

lilliputian's picture

Here you go:

http://macintoshgarden.org/apps/epson-12501650-scanner-installation-cd

Good luck!

IIGS_User's picture

If it has been created with Disk Utility in Mac OS, is it a hybrid CD image or a Mac-only CD image?
It would be very interesting to keep the PC partition as well.

When using Disk Utility, I think you've to select the CD drive as source to create an image of the complete CD, instead of the Volume inserted into.

lilliputian's picture

I've redone it from your suggestion and reupped. The image is about twice as big now, but appears to be the full hybrid.

IIGS_User's picture

Thanks for your efford, this is very appreciated. Smile

MikeTomTom's picture

When using Disk Utility, I think you've to select the CD drive as source to create an image of the complete CD, instead of the Volume inserted into.

This is an excellent tip. Thanks, IIGS_User. Using this method the full CD is preserved including hybrid CD's and more importantly, not written to by the OS.

lilliputian's picture

@MikeTomTom, did it end up working out for you?

MikeTomTom's picture

@ndtronerud: Hi and thanks for posting this up, especially for re-doing the archive so it contains the full CD, Mac & Win parts.

It is the closest to being workable that I've tried. It doesn't have the TWAIN drivers that would work with the Perfection 1260. Those I can get from Epson, on-line. It also has a full range of software for the scanner which does work with it, so its pretty good in all.

The one piece of software that I was hoping to find, but is not included on the 1250/1650 CD is called "Epson Scan" which is a clone of the Umax MagicScan software (and is as good). Epson's web site has a version of this for the 1260 but for OS X only. I have an OS 9 version of the "Epson Scan" software for a later Perfection model, so I'm hoping to locate a classic version for the 1260 too... I'm guessing here that my quest for the 1260 CD is not quite over yet.

lilliputian's picture

Well, drat! I hope then that MacMeister is able to locate their original 1260 CD for you.

MikeTomTom's picture

Yes well... No complaints from me for what you put up, as the software included on the ROM is all compatible with the 1260 and 3rd party inclusions like the OCR software will come in handy. So thanks for including it here too.

jorge22's picture

I have the cd/scanner and wanted to upload the .iso that I made... I do notice on Epson's site is that they still support the Epson Perfection 1260 Series / 1660 Photo from Mac os 8 to os 10.15 Windows me to Windows 10.

MikeTomTom's picture

I have the cd/scanner and wanted to upload the .iso

If it's for the Perfection 1260/1660, please upload it, jorge.