This page is a wiki. Please login or create an account to begin editing.

6 posts / 0 new
Last post
MacFan94's picture
Need help mounting both disk color versions of NumberMaze using Disk Copy v6.3.3 on BasiliskII

I need help trying to mount both disk color versions of NumberMaze using Disk Copy v6.3.3 on the emulator BasiliskII, but every time I try to mount either img I keep getting a error message that says the mount image operation did not complete (-39) an unexpected end-of-file was encountered in "numbermaze_1.5_1.img" and on "numbermaze_1.5_2.img" which may indicate that it is corrupted or damage.

I am not sure if one the img of this game is indeed corrupted or damage,two I also could be doing something wrong because I have never used Disk Copy v6.3.3 program before and if anybody knows another program that I could try to mount these img's on BasiliskII please tell me because I really would like to play this color version of my favorite childhood game.

Comments

SwedeBear's picture

I recommend Aladdin's 'ShrinkWrap': http://macintoshgarden.org/apps/shrinkwrap

24bit's picture

ShrinkWrap is great stuff, but in this case I got an EOF error too, pointing to a corrupted file.
Disk images should better be stuffed prior to uploading, though some are well preserved unstuffed.
Lets hope the original uploader comes along and is willing to upload the game again.
The stuffed b/w version is working, so the game is playable at least.

MacFan94's picture

Thanks for the replies and yeah I also got the error using Shrinkwrap and Disc Copy,so its very likely the img files for the color versions of this game are corrupted and yeah the b/w version is working and I played it months ago when it was first uploaded on this site ,the b/w version of the game I never played as a kid the one I played as a kid in school was the color one which is the one I want to play and I think their are some differences between the b/w and color.But yeah I would like to thank the uploader for taking his time to upload such a RARE and classic educational math game and hopefully he can re upload the color version again.

vasi's picture

Sorry, the resource fork got stripped at some point. I tried again, this time Stuffing the disk images first, hopefully that fixes things! Give it a try.

MacFan94's picture

Thank you so very much for re uploading this really rare game and yes this time both versions of the game work by stuffing the img's,at first after I downloaded the img's and tried to installed them I notice that the B&W version would work but the colors version would just crash the emulator every time,but the problem simply was that I needed to change the colors of the mac to 16 colors for Number Maze colors version to work.