This page is a wiki. Please login or create an account to begin editing.

3 posts / 0 new
Last post
os9er's picture
Mac OS X Server 10.1 Request

Hi all,

I know there's a download for Mac OS X Server 1.2v3, but it won't run on a Mac Server G4/933 Quicksilver. I have one of these machines, and I found out from an EveryMac.com page that it shipped with Mac OS X Server v10.1. Would it be possible for someone to upload a CD image or images for that version? I don't know if 10.1 Server is technically considered abandonware; if it isn't, please let me know.

Thank you for reading.

-os9er

Comments

24bit's picture

You are talking about this beast? http://www.everymac.com/systems/apple/mac_server_g4/specs/macserver_g4_9...
I think we may consider anything 10.1 related as abandoned long ago.
If you really want Puma, some 10.1 flavors are here, just as Panther, Tiger and Leopard files a little further down. Server or Client won´t matter much, unless you really want to run the Quicksilver as server.
http://macintoshgarden.org/apps/mac-osx-mac-os-10-ppc
Personally I would not install Puma on a Quicksilver. Panther was quite reliable and stable methinks, same for Tiger or Leopard. The later OSX flavors became more demanding, but may offer better software compatibility with "modern" apps.
I would install 9.2.2 and 10.3 for dual booting, just my 2c.

os9er's picture

@24bit: Yes, I am talking about that machine. And thank you for your reply.

Also, actually, just today (Dec. 4th) I ordered a copy of OS X Server 10.3.4 online, so I think this thread can be considered closed.

As a side note, the systems I currently have on the Quicksilver (as of Dec. 4th):

-Mac OS X 10.4.11, 10.3.9, and 10.0.3
-Mac OS 9.2.2

I really don't know why I installed so many different versions of OS X on it; however, I can say that the 10.0.3 installation was just a test. (And by "test", I mean that I had never installed that version on any other machine before, so I wanted to give it a go on that one.)

As for why I specifically wanted the server version, I mainly wanted to see what technologies and applications the server version has that the client version doesn't.