This page is a wiki. Please login or create an account to begin editing.

8 posts / 0 new
Last post
Zeffan's picture
looking for Strategic Conquest 2.0/3.0

I am looking for Strategic Conquest 2.0/3.0. I played them back in the 80s and have since lost the disks. I purchased the 4.0.1 version, but it isn't the same in color. If anyone can let me know where i can get this, please let me know. thanks. buzz70@me.com

Comments

IIGS_User's picture

Requested to be removed from this site.

Zeffan's picture

I know that the site doesn't have it. I was hoping that someone might have a copy that they no longer need / want that i could talk to them about.

IIGS_User's picture

That's fine, hope you're in luck. Wink

sos's picture
sos

Hi there. I tried and failed to find Strategic Conquest 3.0. I really wanted it for two reasons over version 2:
1) The bombers' blast radius increases as the game goes on
2) Mac-in-talk support. We loved hearing the computer voice intone "Your battleship, strength 12, repelled an attacking battleship". Great stuff!

I even emailed Joe Williams (President of Delta Tao), but SC3 is not available anywhere new. Too bad, therefore, that it isn't allowed to be uploaded here. I couldn't get the colour version to run on my old black and white Mac SE/30 - but you might have better luck (and on another Mac?). It also wouldn't run for me under mini vMac.

Good luck in your search for a second-hand copy! Hopefully someone replies to you via PM with an available copy!

gidwarren89's picture

I have it!!! I posted it without knowing it had been requested to be removed. My bad. Anyway feel free to hit me up it you still want it.

sos's picture
sos

Email sent Smile

sos's picture
sos

Well colour me embarrassed...

I now realise that version 3.0 wasn't the one with the macintalk voice support. After all these years I just now discovered it's actually version 2.0 ... which I've had all along, but I just hadn't chosen "talking" from the "options" menu!

This does require a 68000 mac (plus, se) with macintalk and system 6. Or vMac. Doesnt work on my SE/30 - talking option is greyed out.

/me scurries off in shame - and to play SC 2.055