This page is a wiki. Please login or create an account to begin editing.

7 posts / 0 new
Last post
Super Mash TV's picture
Looking for an alternative to Claris Organizer on System 6.0.8

Claris Organizer 2 seems to need system 7. I'm running a Mac SE running 6.0.8.
I found Datebook Pro, but can't find any S/N for it anywhere online.
any ideas?

edit: I couldn't find Claris organizer 1. Maybe it works in system 6?

Comments

WhosIt.There's picture

MacTouch has posted a possible DateBook Pro serial in the comments on the app's page, and I've added some more which may or may not work.

Claris Organiser 1 is on here in a couple of CD-ROM compilations, but it requires System 7.5 or newer:

Another option is Palm Desktop, but that again needs a newer Mac OS version.

MikeTomTom's picture

I found Datebook Pro, but can't find any S/N for it anywhere online.
any ideas?

The serials for this are contained inside of the ".sit" archive. Once you extract the archive you can't miss it.

WhosIt.There's picture

Maybe Do It All! It's not as polished or pretty as the later calendar apps for System 7 and newer though.

MikeTomTom's picture

Maybe DateBook 1 could be an alternative for you.

WhosIt.There's picture

Maybe not. The page for that one says System 7 - 7.6, but Super Mash TV is looking for a System 6 program. Smile

MikeTomTom's picture

It works fine on System 6

You can't always go by what you read. The person creating a page may either get it wrong, make typos or is simply guessing. It always pays to test things out for yourself.

But thanks, I'll go and amend that page.

BTW, DateBook and DateBook Pro are by the same people, minus the Aldus input. Aldus perhaps bought their company or rights to the software and slapped a "Pro" on the end of the filename. DateBook is from 1992 and the "Pro" version is from 1993. Otherwise they are virtually identical, with much the same look and feel and icons.