This page is a wiki. Please login or create an account to begin editing.

10 posts / 0 new
Last post
Cube's picture
iMac G4 Late 2003 20” Install and Restore Discs 1,2,3...Holy Grail?

I know someone will say...”it’s already up here (or on other vintage sites)...!” But those discs are not the machine specific discs...in particular the Holy Grail seems to be iMac Software Install and Restore 1 (Mac OS version 10.3.1; AHT v.2.0.3; DVD v1.2; 691-4820)...and it would be good to have the other two discs (CD v.1.0; 2Z691-4707-A...and...CD v1.0; 2Z691-4708-A) all in the same place...just to be complete...! It’ll be nice to have all the original goodies that Apple used to give you once upon a time when these machines were new!! Muchly appreciated!!

Comments

SkyCapt's picture

No mention of any AHT v2.0.3 in the 2010 v5.3 Mactracker. They say AHT for iMac stopped at v2.0.2 before changing to v2.1 same as my PowerMac did.

Machine specific discs aren't all that necessary. You could install Retail Tiger OSX 10.4 and Retail iLife to go with it, and it'll just work.

Cube's picture

Hi there SkyCapt... that's the funny thing! These discs do exist (I even managed to track down some images of the set and zoomed in on the details)...the 4707 and 4708 CD images are up on the net but disc 1 (4820) is missing from any "set" purporting to be for the iMac 2003 20"...and to add further confusion to the mix there's a 4778 disc that has AHT 2.0.3 and is supposedly for iMac 2003 but doesn't seem to work on my iMac! ....as you say the retail versions do work (and have that on my machine at the mo) but it would be great to have Disc 1 all the same (even if it's for that feeling of having a "new" machine experience...well, sans box!) Well, here's hoping it turns up one day! (Hint!)

SkyCapt's picture

AHT is a separate partition. If the OS X is broken, then, does its AHT v2.0.3 actually/still work?

LukasAppleFan's picture

Hi !
Sorry I didn't found what you were looking for. But for every problem there can be a (semi) appropriate solution.
I was facing a similar problem with an iMac 21.5" mid-2010. I wanted to get the original OS that came with it : 10.6.3 So I tried with my Snow Leopard 10.6.3 Full Install DVD but nope. That iMac came with a later build of 10.6.3, so the Retail DVD does not have any drivers for that machine. And I could not find the DVDs that came with that iMac. But I was able to find the ones that came with the 2011 iMac and it still came with Snow Leopard, so I just patched the DVD to a USB stick, installed to my iMac, and updated to 10.6.8.

So here is what you could : your iMac came with 10.3.1 (according to everymac.com), and according to wikipedia, Apple released two full installers for Panther : 10.3 and 10.3.2, so you could use 10.3.2 as it would have all drivers for that iMac (here is the link : nope)
I could not find it on the Garden, so it's on the Nopesite. I think Apple shipped iLife and iWork Trial, for that just download the versions that came with your iMac (should be on the Garden).
For AHT, I did not search, but there may be some links with just AHT (I am not really sure what it did).
I hope that helps.

PS : how do I turn on email notifications for threads and software pages ?

fogWraith's picture

Unfortunately, there are no subscription / notification settings available at this time, though it is being looked at.

I also removed the link from your post.

LukasAppleFan's picture

Oh ok, so here is basically what you have to Google : 691-4822-A,2Z,Mac OS X v10.3.2 Panther. Install (CD)

fogWraith's picture

They are also attached to the giant OS X for PPC page

MikeTomTom's picture

so here is basically what you have to...

That one is (currently) DL #25 on the Max OS X for PPC page. File's name is: 691-4822-A_691-4823-A.zip

Cube's picture

Thanks to all of you....I’ll have a look at that...