This page is a wiki. Please login or create an account to begin editing.

4 posts / 0 new
Last post
soudesune's picture
HP LaserJet 5000n

I'm getting my hands on a HP LaserJet 5000n in the new year but it comes without a driver CD. The HP site doesn't have the drivers anymore (much to my surprise) and Archive.org gives me server errors.

I can use the AdobePS driver, I suppose. However, if somebody has the driver Cd for this printer, would they be so good as to make an image of it and upload it please.

A link is good too if anyone has better Internet-fu than I.

Thanks everyone (and happy new year),

Comments

MikeTomTom's picture

I have the HP LaserJet drivers installer for Mac OS 7.5 - 9.x, if that's of any use.

It's for English (International Eng with A4 set as the default) from around year 2000. It blanket installs PPD's for all known HP LaserJet models of the period, and includes the PPD for the LaserJet 5000 series.

soudesune's picture

It would be great if you would upload the drivers. I'll be collecting the printer next Monday so please don't feel any rush. Thanks again.

MikeTomTom's picture

No problem. The drivers now have a page here: HP LaserJet Drivers.

Curiously, I found the installer works on SSW 6 as well (maybe even earlier OS's will work) and installs the PPD files, but the Utility software installs and runs on SSW 7.0 and later, only.

You will probably just need the HP LaserJet 5000 Series PPD, plus the latest LaserWriter 8 software but I uploaded the full install set incase others will find a use for it.

Hope it works OK for your 5000n, soudesune.