This page is a wiki. Please login or create an account to begin editing.

9 posts / 0 new
Last post
Bolkonskij's picture
Europe Universalis II Patch 1.09 PPC (boxed copy)

Does anyone of you have the Europe Universalis II Patch 1.09 PPC (boxed copy) and could upload it somewhere? I've been looking for it, but Virtual Programming appears to no longer support EUII. All info regarding EUII is gone from their site and the links to the update are dead.

Would greatly appreciate if anyone has the update and could share it. Thanks!

Comments

bertyboy's picture

I'm sure i must have it, but this is disturbing news about VP, they used to keep their full software update library available for download and their full software catalog available for sale as a download.
Alas, if I have the download, it's on my PMG5, upstairs and it's asleep.

Bolkonskij's picture

yeah, I was surprised too? I suppose they think that with the upcoming 10.7 Lion (no Rosetta) and the age of the game in general it's not worth further updating it. They could have at least let the updates online though Sad

Well, anyway..that means we may soon welcome another game to the abandonware collection Wink

If you could upload the 1.09 patch once you find some free time I would greatly appreciate it!

bertyboy's picture

It's still on archive.org:

http://web.archive.org/web/20071107170003/http://www.vpltd.com/index.php...

It's going to be a lot more than just this game, I'll have to go through the whole back catalog now and see what they've dropped. All will be candidates for uploading here, I know there's some Ibought that I haven't uploaded here because they still had them for sale. Now it is up to us to preserve them.

bertyboy's picture

Quite a list no longer sold or supported:

Celtic Kings
Europa Universalis II
Gangland
Gates of Troy
Horse Racing Manager
KnightShift
Kult: Heretic Kingdoms
Massive Assault
Project Nomads
Savage - The Battle for Newerth
Spartan
WipeOut 2097

There would be 2 or 3 more but they still sell them as a "Complete" package bundled with all the add-ons. Alas I don't have all of these, but I did buy many. If anyone has Gates of Troy I'd be forever indebted, I couldn't get it in a boxed version ever, saw it once on eBay but it want for like £65. Saw Spartan go for over £50 on eBay but I bought it from new for about £30 (or maybe free cos I bought a PowerBook and extras at the same time) and I just couldn't get into it - yet I loved Legion - the predecessor.

Bolkonskij's picture

I think I have Massive Assault and EU 2 - will take care of them. Smile

bertyboy's picture

We'll need to do a bit of research into the distributors. VP is a UK-based software company, so it's unlikely they managed distribution to the US, say. It may be the Evil Empire, EA.

Bolkonskij's picture

Just noticed that Massive Assault was a OSX only release (10.2+). Suppose that makes it a no-go for the MacGarden. Too bad. We really need an abandonware site for the early OSX / PPC stuff...

Investigating whether Star Wars Galactic Battlegrounds could qualify as abandonware now. If so, I will upload it here...

bertyboy's picture

What;s this "too bad, it's for OS X" ? If it's for the Macintosh and it's abandonware and needs preserving, it goes here.