This page is a wiki. Please login or create an account to begin editing.

4 posts / 0 new
Last post
supernova777's picture
any app capable of creating a raid STRIPE with g4 built in IDE ports on 9.22?

any app capable of creating a raid STRIPE with g4 built in IDE ports on 9.22?

Comments

Gary's picture

Le Cie Silver Lining Pro might be able to do this.

Gary

supernova777's picture

im really surprised noones covered this yet.. or isnt interested in this... speeding up disk reads + writes is pretty important to a satisfying computing experience:)

i always thought that SoftRaid was exactly for this purpose, yet when i tried to use it just the other night after connecting 2 x 250GB drives on my MDD's ATA66 bus.. I was presented with a message saying that a pci SCSI adapter is required.. dioes anyone have experience with this?
will any old Fasttrack 66 type card work for this?

http://www.hardware-one.com/reviews.asp?aid=148&page=1

i actually have this second adapter they are showing here.. the IWill it uses a highpoint chipset.. I never thought to use this in a mac, i would be pretty surprised if it actually worked!!

i know that an aquaintance of mine had success using softraid with a seritek firmtek sata card..
im leaning towards thinking that softraid will let u raid anything thats connected on a pci card whether its sata ide or scsi

supernova777's picture

another program that i saw seemed to support creating raid volumes in mac os 9 was ATTO expressTools - i found this app on a pro tools TDM installer cd image
but the option was greyed out on the app.. not sure if this is because its a "light version" of the app.. or if its because i dont have an actual "scsi adapter" installed with drives connected.

this app lets u mount/unmount any disk (im assuming other then the system drive)
and also create a stripe or a mirror volume
also seems to let u low level format + benchmark any volume