This page is a wiki. Please login or create an account to begin editing.
Aldus DateBook Pro 2.0.1 & TouchBase Pro 3.0.1
With DATEBOOK PRO, you can schedule all your important appointments, sort lists of To Do's by priority, have alarms that pop up to remind you of important events, and many more features.
With TOUCHBASE PRO, you can organize and print your contact information in a variety of formats, labels, envelopes, fax covers, address books and FastLetters.
DATEBOOK PRO is not compatible with the following products:
- Adobe Type Reunion v. 1.00-1.02
- AutoDoubler, DiskDoubler--They are compatible with DATEBOOK PRO, but do not compress your calendar with these programs. The DiskDoubler init must load before the DATEBOOK PRO init.
- Caere Typist Init--Does not work properly with TOUCHBASE PRO integration.
- First Things First--Must be set to Compatible Display mode.
- GCC Printers--On certain printers, month view prints boxes with no numbers, banners, or items.
- Microsoft Mail and System 6.0.x--The DATEBOOK PRO init must load before the AppleShare init. Inits and extensions load alphabetically. Open the System folder and rename the DATEBOOK PRO init "DATEBOOK PRO extension" to "aDATEBOOK PRO extension" so that it appears before the AppleShare init. You can also use extension managers such as the Now Utilities Startup Manager to change the init loading order.
- Norton Essentials for PowerBook--Older versions of Norton Essentials may cause DATEBOOK PRO to freeze randomly.
- Novell or TOPS networks--DATEBOOK PRO may crash if you try to launch DATEBOOK PRO by opening a shared calendar on the network. Open a calendar on your machine first, then open the shared calendar. After closing a shared calendar, open a calendar on your machine.
- Some "cute" inits, extensions, such as "Bob's Eyes", "Talking Moose", and "Oscar the Grouch"-These may cause redraw problems or unexplained crashes. If you are experiencing any problems, we recommend you remove these inits.
Additionally, the TOUCHBASE PRO integration feature requires System 7. DATEBOOK PRO uses its own Date & Time formats and does not conform to System 7.1 Date & Time Preferences Control Panel settings.
Special Note for At Ease Users: The "Mini DATEBOOK PRO" feature is only available from the Finder, not from At Ease.
TOUCHBASE PRO is not compatible with the following products:
- SuperLaser Spool 3.0 w/ImageWriter II -- When you print a Fax Cover the right side of the page is cut off. Turn off SuperLaser Spool and use the Apple ImageWriter driver.
- AutoDoubler, DiskDoubler--They are compatible with TOUCHBASE PRO, but do not compress your contact files with these programs.
Important note: TOUCHBASE PRO and DATEBOOK PRO Integration requires System 7.
Common Questions & Answers
Q1. What if my calendar is corrupted and I can't even launch DATEBOOK PRO?
Hold down the option key when launching DATEBOOK PRO and you will be prompted to create a new calendar. Create a new calendar. Then go to the Tools menu and select Rebuild Calendar and locate the old corrupted calendar and rebuild it.